Our 2020-2021 President, John Cuccia
2020-2021 Rotary Theme - Rotary Opens Opportunities - asks Rotarians to create opportunities that strengthen their leadership, help put service ideas into action and improve the lives of those in need.
My journey as a Rotarian started with a colleague of mine suggesting I visit a local club. So, after a few lunch meetings at the Farmingdale Club, I decided to join. It’s been an enjoyable and memorable experience ever since.
Some of the things we’ve done are fundraisers that help the community, fund scholarships for high school students, and various local charities in the community. I’ve also met Group Study Exchange professionals from other countries, such as Germany, Taiwan, Mexico and Italy. I even was able to host a gentleman from Italy for a few days. Other benefits from being a Rotarian is the humanitarian travel you can do, such as my trip to Cuba, and also sponsoring children needing heart surgery through the gift of life program. It’s been a fabulous journey to say the least.
Thank you for your Service, Len Constantinopoli
Len Constantinopoli served as Farmingdale Rotary Club's President from July 2018 through June 2020. During his term:
• The club raised over $21,500.00 through several fund raisers
• We donated over $12,500.00 to various charities mostly local charities
• We awarded $10, 500.00 in scholarships to students from Farmingdale High School
• Collected 99 shopping carts full of food and donated over $900.00 in gift cards to the local Farmingdale Food Pantry.
• Collected over $4,000.00 ringing the bell for the Salvation Army in Farmingdale
Len's proudest moment as president was saving the life of a child through the Rotary Gift of Life program. The club funded the program and was able to have Arturo get the heart surgery he needed.